It took a lot of research to realize that our Free Trade Agreements are responsible for this race to the bottom that the people of every country are facing.
It is happening because each country is:
- Sending the jobs of their country to countries that are willing to work for much less money with zero if any regulations to prevent the sweatshops that are springing up world wide.
- Importing temporary workers on temporary visas to take the jobs away from the citizens so that wages can be drastically lowered.
This is an unsustainable business model and after nearly 40 years of practice in America, more and more Americans are waking up and demanding that it be stopped.
That does not mean that we can’t have global trade simply because I believe that if each country were to adopt these three simple rules, the people of each country could be protected from this race to the bottom that this game of musical countries has put us on.
- It is OK to grow, raise or manufacture your products here in America and sell them to other countries and the same applies to those countries.
- It is OK to open retail or manufacturing branches in other countries to offset the shipping problems as long as you hire the locals to work in those countries.
- It is NOT OK to put the people in your country out of work, send the growing, raising or manufacturing to another country and then import those products back into your country.
As an example, here is a company in Cambridgeshire, UK.
I have no problem with them selling their products here because they use the people of their country to develop and support these products, and when they are sold through retailers here in America, these retailers hire the people of America to work in their stores.
It is a win for the UK and a win for America as well.
That said, the business model that companies like Apple and HP, etc. use where they do their R & D here in America and then the manufacturing in Communist China and then sell it to the people of America who no longer have good paying jobs because of their actions, well I think they should be locked away permanently so that they can do no more destruction to the people of our World.
Some of you may be wondering how they are harming the people of Communist China, and to that I say Google Foxconn suicide and then ask yourself why we are allowing Foxconn to open shop in America.