Should our lobby — yours and mine — 320 million American consumers spending $12 trillions per year — be afraid of anything?
“Here’s how much corporations paid US senators to fast-track the TPP bill”
- Out of the total $1,148,971 given, an average of $17,676.48 was donated to each of the 65 “yea” votes.
“The Political One Percent of the One Percent in 2014: Mega Donors Fuel Rising Cost of Elections”
- The $1.18 billion they [31,976 donors] contributed represents 29 percent of all fundraising that political committees disclosed to the Federal Election Commission in 2014.
“Moscow Patriarchate: China authorises the ordination of Chinese orthodox priests on its territory”
- After the meetings with Vladimir Putin, Xi held talks with Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill, who praised Beijing for the value China places on the “role of culture, traditions and the moral factor in shaping the lives of people and individuals.”
“Top Chinese political advisor meets Archbishop of Canterbury”
[Xinhua link — May 28, 2015]
- Chinese citizens’ freedom of belief and the religious circle’s legitimate rights and interests are protected by law, Yu [Zhengsheng of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference] told the religious leader. He hailed the good relations between Chinese and British Christianity, pledging that China will continue to support exchanges and cooperation between Chinese Christianity and other churches worldwide.
“Warning Over Religious Believers in Chinese Communist Party Ranks”
- According to the [Central Commission for Discipline Inspection] article, party members don’t enjoy any right to religious freedom, a right which many religious believers complain is routinely violated by officials across the country. “Chinese citizens have the freedom of religious belief, but Communist Party members aren’t the same as regular citizens; they are fighters in the vanguard for a communist consciousness,” the paper said. “They are firm Marxists, and also atheists. That’s why it has been clearly stated in party rules that Communist Party members may not hold religious beliefs, nor must they take part in religious activities,” the article warned.
We’ve misused our power, you and I —
— we haven’t used it at all.
E-mail: DollarToTheGiant@Gmail.com for We Avoid Risk By Sacrificing Children Chronicles & Comments June 2008 [#1] to Date [#1389]